At Alex’s Wish we will look after any personal information that you share with us.
This is central to our value as an organisation. We want everyone who supports us to feel confident about how any personal information they share will be looked after or used.
You can be confident that:
- We only use personal information in the ways we need to and that is expected of us.
- We will keep you up to date with our work, including projects we are investing in, raising awareness, promoting understanding as well as our fundraising activities.
- But, we only use your personal information to do this if you have previously told us that’s OK.
- We will make it easy for you to tell us how you want us to communicate with you, including how to opt out from future communications – and we promise your request will be respected straight away.
- We will never release your information to organisations outside Alex’s Wish for any purpose.
- We take all reasonable care to safeguard your personal information through security policies and secure business processes.
- We will always provide easy ways for you to contact us. Our Data Protection Officer is happy to answer any queries you have, at any time.
We know that your privacy is very important to you, we promise that it is even more important to us.
- How we collect personal information about you
We may collect personal information from you when you interact with Alex’s Wish. There are many occasions when this could happen, for example: if you enquire about our events, register with us for an event, make a donation to us, apply for volunteering opportunity or otherwise provide us with personal information. And, this may be when you email us, go onto our website, attend one of our events, through the post, or in person.
- What information do we collect?
The personal information we collect might include your contact details such as name, date of birth, email address, postal address, telephone number and credit/debit card details (if you are making a purchase or donation), as well as information you provide in any correspondence between us. Please note that if you provide us with any credit/debit card details for donations or payments for events we will only keep to details to process the payment after which they are destroyed, they are never stored.
We may track which pages users visit when they click on links in Alex’s Wish emails. We may use this information to make improvements to our website and to ensure we provide the best service for users. Wherever possible we use aggregated or anonymous information which does not identify individual visitors to our websites.
- How do we use personal information?
We may use your personal information to:
- Provide or administer activities relating to one of our events
- To fulfil gift aid declarations, to improve our information and communications, or to personalise the website to better suit your needs;
- Provide you with information about our plans. This may be letting you know about our events, investment news and any fundraising updates; of course, we will only do this either with your consent.
- We may use your information to register you with a third party event, securing accommodation and travel for an event etc. only once you have committed and signed up to the event.
- To do some of this, Alex’s Wish may share your information with our trusted partners and suppliers, but is always carried out under our instruction, and is never for their marketing approaches. We ensure that they store the data securely and delete it when it is no longer needed.
- Your choices
We’d like to keep our all valued supporters up to date with our progress. So, to update you on what we’re doing and ask whether you’d be able to support us, where we are able to, we’d like to keep in touch with you (by post, phone, email, text and other electronic means) about our progress and how you can continue to help us in our important mission.
Please be reassured that respect lies at the heart of everything we do: we respect any information that you share with us and you can change your mind and remove or add your consent at any time by simply contacting us firstname.lastname@example.org
- Who sees your personal information?
The personal information we collect about you will be used by us at Alex’s Wish so that we can support you; also, by a few selected organisations that work with us or on our behalf to deliver our services; and possibly to legal and regulatory authorities if required to by law.
We will never sell or share your personal information with organisations so that they can contact you for any marketing activities. Nor do we sell any information about your web browsing activity.
- Your Information Security
We take the security of your personal information extremely seriously.
We’ve implemented appropriate physical, technical and organisational measures to protect the personal information we have under our control, both on and off-line, from improper access, use, alteration, destruction and loss.
And, we only keep it as long as is reasonable and necessary, which may be to fulfil statutory obligations (for example, the collection of Gift Aid).
Here are some of the ways we protect your personal information:
- If you provide personal information to us online that information is encrypted for protection on transmission to us. Encryption is the process through which sensitive information is scrambled before it is transmitted so that it remains private even if it is intercepted. However, you must make sure that your internet browser supports this to be able to take advantage of this level of security
- Offline, your personal information is kept securely in our secure databases or, where relevant, by our partner companies.
- Our website may contain links to other sites. While we try to link only to sites that share our high standards and respect for privacy, we are not responsible for the content or the privacy practices employed by other sites.
- Any debit or credit card details which we receive on our website are passed securely to Blackboard Merchant Services, our payment processing partner, according to the Payment Card Industry Security Standards.
- How to update or access your personal information
You may ask us at any time to update your details, correct or remove information you think is inaccurate by:
Writing: Alex’s Wish, 20 Granite Way, Mountsorrel, Leicestershire, LE12 7TZ
Tel: 07903 349475
You also have a right to know what personal information Alex’s Wish holds about you.
To request a copy of your personal information we hold, contact us by:
Writing: 20 Granite Way, Mountsorrel, Leicestershire, LE12 7TZ
Tel: 07903 349475
Who we are
Here at Alex’s Wish, we are committed to protecting your personal information and to reassure you that that you have control over the information we store about you and what types of information you would like to receive from us.
For further information about our privacy practices, please contact us at:
- Writing to Alex’s Wish, 20 Granite Way, Mountsorrel, Leicestershire, LE12 7TZ
- Calling us on 07903 349475
- Emailing to email@example.com