We love building partnerships with businesses, ensuring that our partnership is not only successful and engaging, but mutually beneficial and focused on the objectives of everyone involved – but don’t just take our word for it, please read our case studies from local businesses who support us. We like to build partnerships and work with you to meet your Corporate Social Responsibility objectives.
We work with every partner in a bespoke way, tailored to your needs and with agreed outcomes and impact reporting, which includes not only fundraising successes but also the positive effect your contribution is making on our cause.
From motivating staff and helping to boost your brand, to supporting an engaging cause and raising awareness, there are many reasons to work with us.
Giving a donation to Alex’s Wish means you can pay less corporation tax. By making a donation, you can deduct the total value of the donation from your total business profits before you pay tax.
Making a straight forward cash donation may seem obvious, but it’s one of the easiest ways to do something truly magical and will lead by example to your employees to encourage support from them too. You can chose to either make a single corporate donation to Alex’s Wish or you can choose to make a regular monthly donation through our Ethical Business Club.
Charity of the Year
Many businesses tend to chose a charity per year to support, which can change each year. Often it tends to be a member of staff in the office who has recommended a charity to support. Other times, it might go out to vote as a short list of charities are chosen. Hear from local businesses who are working with us.
Our support to you:
- Demonstrate to your employees, customers and potential customers, your company’s commitment to social responsibility
- Give talks about our cause and the impact your fundraising is having on our work
- Encourage team building
- Boost staff morale
- Dedicated account manager
- Positive PR and social media opportunities
- Organised events that you tap in to
- Lots of fundraising ideas and support materials
- Networking and New Business opportunities
- Pop-up displays for your business premises
- Email signatures showing support of Alex’s Wish
- Your company logo on our website
- Our logo to put on your website
- Put the fun back in to fundraising
We would love to be on your list of chosen charities to support either this year, or in future years. Please get in touch if you are thinking of choosing us as Charity of the Year to see how we can work well together. Contact Emma Hallam on 07903 349475 or email email@example.com and we can arrange a convenient time to come and have a chat with you.
Donate a % of your sales profits
A number of businesses have chosen to donate a percentage of their turnover/sales profits to Alex’s Wish.
Netmetix is just one example of how businesses can support us.
Paul Blore, Managing Director of Netmetix commented on the partnership saying, “We are really pleased to be able to support Alex’s Wish by donating a percentage of our monthly earnings from each cloud server we provide. Cloud computing enables businesses to adapt to the changing of work practices more quickly, which is essential in this time of uncertainty. Netmetix gives to the charity to raise vital funds for new treatments and, hopefully, a cure for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy. Although we will miss the brilliant face to face events Emma and the team host for businesses like ours, we are very much looking forward to supporting them at virtual events over the summer.”
“We’re also members of the Alex’s Wish Ethical Business Club, which gives us the opportunity to meet other supporters of Alex’s Wish and Emma, the founder of Alex’s Wish, works hard to ensure her business supporters gain new connections as well as business updates and knowledge from attending the Business Club and interacting with a range of phenomenal guest speakers. It’s been invaluable for our business and we look forward to continuing working with and supporting Alex’s Wish for many years to come.”
Another example is Ben’s Kitchen, who during the Pandemic is donating £1 (matched-funded by themselves) for every single Sunday lunch they sell.
There are many benefits to business giving a percentage of their sales to support great causes including building goodwill in the community, enhancing customer loyalty, building brand awareness and helping to increase sales. It’s a great message to give to your clients, employees and suppliers – that you care about the community you live in. We will write a press release for you and promote what you are doing for us through news articles and social media posts.
We’d love to work with other businesses like Netmetix and Ben’s Kitchen and we would welcome having a conversation with you to explore Corporate Social Responsibility and what that could look like for your business. If you’d like to get in touch please contact Emma Hallam on 07903 349475 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Donate an auction prize and support our Big Online Auction
It’s a difficult time for charities right now and Alex’s Wish is no exception, all of our 2020 events have been postponed or cancelled. Instead of running our biggest fundraising ball this year, we are offering our supporters to take part in our big online auction to raise vital funds.
In particular, we are looking for…
Experiences, sports tickets/boxes, UK or aboard holidays homes and day trips, anything cycling and fitness related, artwork to display in homes, anything related to gardening and DIY (do you offer these services yourself and could donate your time e.g. paint or wallpaper a room, etc.), entertainment in your own home e.g. diner parties, cocktail making classes, hampers, gifts for him/her/family, etc. We are also looking for donations of money so we can purchase an item on your behalf.
How Alex’s Wish will support you
- A promotion of your company and what you are donating through our social media channels with links to your website
- A news article will be published on our Alex’s Wish website and all companies and individuals who donate an item will be featured on there
- Your logo will be display on the online auction platform when selling your item
- Use of our Alex’s Wish logo and relevant links for you to promote on your website, email footers and customer newsletters to showcase your support to the charity
- A communication about the impact your donation has made to support our mission to eradicate Duchenne for all
- All funds donated will be ring-fenced to support clinical research ensuring we can bring about effective treatments and ultimately a cure for Duchenne – this will help save thousands of your children’s lives across the UK
It’s a Win, Win for both parties!
- A wonderful message to share with your customers in these challenging times as charities struggle to keep afloat after having cancelled all their external fundraising events
- Builds goodwill in the community and enhances customer loyalty
- Builds brand awareness helping to increase sales
- It’s a great way for us to continue our vital work
Pro Bono Work
We work with a number of businesses locally who support us by donating their products and services for free/voluntary. Examples include graphic design and creative work, office space, accountancy and print production. It means the world to us that businesses support this way as it helps keep our costs as low as possible. This means the money we raise goes directly to where it needs to do.
We would like to thank those who support us this way:
Hallam Read – office space and use of office facilities
HSP Tax Ltd – accountancy support and advice
Masters Allen – graphic design and creative work
Flexpress Ltd – print and production
Your donation is automatically deducted from your pay so that Alex’s Wish get a regular and reliable income each month and either you or Alex’s Wish can benefit from the tax relief! In essence your donation is deducted from your gross pay.
Benefits of Payroll Giving
- Tax efficient way of donating to Alex’s Wish
- Once set up there is nothing more to do other than decide the amount to give
- Your employers can choose to pay the admin charge and/or match the Payroll Giving deductions
What to do
- Decide how much you wish to have deducted each pay day
- Choose Alex’s Wish as the charity of your choice
- Complete the donation choice form
- The minimum deductions are £1 per week or £5 per month
Find out more by visiting www.charitablegiving.co.uk or speak to your personnel or payroll department.