Fundraise your way
There’s so many ways you can have fun and raise money for Alex’s Wish. Hold a coffee morning, arrange an event of your own, organise a pamper evening… the list is endless!
The money we received makes a huge difference to helping us end Duchenne for all.
- £50 pays for scientific equipment for a day for crucial testing
- £200 pays for a post doctoral researcher for a day to work on innovative new treatments
- £800 pays for essential pre-clinical work per year to improve the effectiveness and safety of new treatments to move them into clinical trial
Your support powers our research. Have a look at our Fundraising Pack, which includes lots of ideas and tips so you can get started now and help save lives.
Take part in our events
Whether you just want to raise money to help us cure Duchenne, or to push yourself to achieve a life-long goal. We have the perfect life-changing event for you.
From cycling to sky dives, taking part in our golf day or dressing up and coming along to our annual black-tie ball, there is something for everyone – why not have a look at our events.
Donate or give regularly
It’s a really quick and easy way to have an immediate impact and provide crucial funding into ground-breaking research.
Just £5 per month over a 12 month period will pay for scientific equipment for a day for crucial testing.
How your money makes a difference: £200 pays for a post doctoral researcher for a day to work on innovative new treatments. £800 pays for essential pre-clinical work per year to prove the effectiveness and safety of new treatments to move them into clinical trial.
Volunteer for us
Give your time or expertise to help us cure Duchenne. You’ll meet new people and learn new skills.
- Join our Board of Trustees
- Marshall at one of our events
- Organise (or help organise) an event
- Help out at one of our events – cake stall, reception desk, etc.
- Help out with administration (one-off or dedicate a few hours a week/month)
- Distribute collection boxes to local shops and businesses
- Leaflet drops/poster distribution to promote forthcoming events
- Be a driver at one of our larger events (e.g. London to Paris Cycle Ride)
- Are you a Social Media expert? Or a Website Designer? Or a copywriter? Work in PR? We are always looking for skilled people to donate their time and expertise in any way they can.
- Bake cakes for our cake sales
- Be a ‘Wish Ambassador’ and represent Alex’s Wish in your local area
- Make referrals and introduction – could you introduce us to your club, society, place of work and friends – we would love to have the opportunity to present our cause to new people
- Source prizes for our raffles – e.g. vouchers, gifts, hampers, etc.
- If you think we should do things differently/better we would love to hear your feedback
Volunteering is not a one-way street – we get your time and expertise and in return you’ll get new skills and experience, meet new people , and you will have a good time along the way.
From helping out at our events, to assisting with administration, we have many ways you can help support our small and friendly team. Register your interest today by emailing email@example.com
Shop and raise money
Help raise funds for Alex’s Wish whenever you shop online! Use easyfundraising to shop with over 4,000 big name retailers including Amazon, Argos, John Lewis and ASOS – when you shop, you’ll raise a free donation for Alex’s Wish every time, it’s that easy! Sign up today
Help make a lasting difference and leave a Gift in your Will to Alex’s Wish. Find our legacy pack here