Tuesday, 9th November 8.30am-10am
Join us for our face to face Ethical Business Club meeting
Winstanley House, Hinckley Rd, Leicester LE3 1HX
We are looking forward to welcoming our members and guests to our first face to face meeting in some time. Take time to meet like minded business owners, build strong connections, enjoy a breakfast and listen to our fabulous speaker and an update from Emma Hallam, Founder of Alex’s Wish.
We are excited to bring you Mark Evans, Founder of Conversations With Impact and Author of ‘How to Transform Your Life with IMPACT: Unlock the Best of You’
Mark really packs a punch…
More than ever, we are thinking about and prioritizing our mental health and well being, whether for ourselves, our families or our employees. In his talk, Mark Evans will offer you a unique approach and perspective on this critical subject by taking you through his own IMPACT Model: six stages of impact based on six powerful concepts:
- IMPACT: All of us have experienced feelings of hope and relief when we talk to someone who knows exactly what to say to us. And all of us have felt frustration and disappointment when a conversation fails to give us what we need. A Conversation with IMPACT shows us what our existing conversations are missing to make the difference we are after.
- MEANING: Making progress depends on us making sense of why things are as they are. Without a clear understanding, we remain a mystery to ourselves, making progress difficult or even impossible. Demystifying – making sense of why things are as they are – makes change happen.
- PATTERNS: Unless and until we can step back from and understand our problematic patterns, we will struggle to move forwards in life. What are we are doing a lot of that isn’t working, and what we are not doing enough of that is? Answering these two questions sets us on our way.
- ACCEPTANCE: Achieving personal growth can stretch, challenge, and reward us. However, if our goals and expectations are unrealistic, we can become demoralised and exhausted. When this happens, our Fantasy-Reality Gap has become too large. Acceptance is how we close our Fantasy-Reality Gaps.
- CHALLENGE: If we had the answer, we would already be the person we want to be, living the life we want to lead. The challenge is to find out what stands in our way and the strategies to get around it. The Goldilocks Principle of Challenge: not too little, not too much, but just right.
- TRANSFORMATION: We all want to reach our final destination when our difficulties and challenges have been dealt with and overcome. And yet, if it were that easy, we would all be there by now. An effective approach to transformation will take us to our final destination along an enjoyable and rewarding journey.
Mark’s talk will be light-touch, interactive, and informative in a whistle-stop tour of this important topic.
We look forward to seeing you soon, please book your place by emailing Heidi@alexswish.co.uk
Tuesday 13th July 2021 on Zoom
Jonathan Ratcliff – JMR Sales & Consultancy Ltd
When Jonathan left Carlsberg 17 years ago, he set up JMR Sales & Consultancy Ltd. to help a variety of clients with short to mid-term contracts solving a wide range of their business development challenges. Jonathan’s objective is to improve the Salespeople & processes so that any costs are covered by additional profits.
Sales Strategy Development
Like the corporate strategy, the Sales strategy needs to direct the sales effort to ensure that the team are all pushing in the same direction and have objectives which support the corporate goals. This is usually one of the first areas he concentrates on with Clients.
Tailored Training where it matters most
Most classroom Sales Training doesn’t work that’s why Jonathan prefers not to do it, he prefers to train in the Field where there is no hiding from real Customers and their reactions to imperfect Salespeople.
121 Mentoring & Coaching
As well as working with large organisations Jonathan thoroughly enjoys working with owner operators and micro businesses. For these companies, he offers coaching by the hour to help those individuals with specific issues which may be hampering their company’s growth aspirations.
Jonathan will present: “Referrals – A Practical Guide to the easiest and most Valuable Sale you can make & how to ensure that you are getting as many of these as you deserve.”
Alex Slack – Making Time Work for You
Meet Alexandra Slack, Owner of The House of Lifestyle Management and Founder of The Circle Club. One of Alex’s mission is to enrich people’s lives, give them more time and help them take control of their work life balance. She enables busy professionals to fulfil their ultimate lifestyle!
Alex will help you use your time at the Alex’s Wish Business Club meeting wisely by helping YOU explore the concept of time and how it has control over our life. We will look at how we can take back that control and do the things you love most with some simple practical techniques for example, breaking time wasting habits and help reduce procrastination and perfectionism.
Andy Rudkin & Farrah Khalid – Nelsons
Andy Rudkin qualified as a Solicitor in 2009 and joined Nelsons’ expert Dispute Resolution team as a Partner in December 2020. Andy specialises in all areas of commercial litigation, including commercial contract, director and shareholder and partnership disputes. He also regularly advises on corporate and personal insolvency and property litigation matters.
Farrah Khalid qualified in January 2019 and joined our Dispute Resolution team the same month. She specialises in insolvency and restructuring, commercial and contract disputes and debt enforcement. Farrah advises on all stages of the litigation process from pre-action communications and settlement negotiations to final hearing and enforcement actions.
Andy & Farrah will present an update on some of the more recent extensions or legislation changes during COVID associated with insolvency, debt collection and possession.
Sean Masters – Brand Clear
Sean is a seasoned strategist and creative professional (and depending on who you talk to, ringmaster, growth stimulator, leadership sounding board, agent of change, pragmatist, and ‘that tall skinny bloke’) who’s spent over two decades at the sharp-end, solving organisational brand and communication problems with focused intent.
In that time, he’s worked across a range of sectors, from automotive, aviation and construction, to higher education, non-profit, manufacturing and service. With a keen interest in creating a tangible difference for small and medium enterprises.
He’s a curious, logical thinker with a thumping creative heart and a certified Brand Strategist (with Level C) to boot.
Brand Clear specialises in helping SME leaders better understand how they communicate their unique value – internally and externally – giving them the confidence to own their difference, and outmanoeuvre the competition to get them from where they are now, to where they want to be. This is done by connecting their organisational objectives to a coherent, purposeful go-to-market strategy that their people understand, believe in and rally behind.
Sean, with Emma will share an overview of the effective process of how we rethought and reframed Alex’s Wish to create a fresh new direction and new opportunities for engaging with supporters of the charity.
Deborah Jones, an accredited coach and team coach who has been designing and delivering leadership development and change programmes for over 20 years across public and private sector organisations.
Deborah is going to share some insights about leading and managing teams and how to get the best out of people as you continue to work remotely. She will talk about energy, how is it exchanged between humans and what can you do to increase your energy and the energy in your teams. Debbie started using “energy medicine” techniques with groups a few years ago here and there, but her practice increased this last year during lockdown with positive results.