What a fabulous day we had at our 6th annual charity golf day on Friday, 30th September held at Rothley Park Golf Course in Charnwood, Leicestershire. Attended by 92 golfers (23 teams of 4 ball) from local businesses we were delighted with the turnout.
Golfers enjoyed the club’s facilities, hob bacon rolls and refreshments delivered on golf buggies throughout the day and a hot buffet meal served in the Club House shortly before the prize giving presentation and silent auction.
Well done to all of our winners…
- 1st winning team (best two scores to win) – Farmer & Carlisle
- 2nd winning team – Thorpes
- 3rd winning team – Flowers Associates
- Longest drive competition – Ben Hall & Anna Brocklehurst
- Nearest the pin competition – Barry Hallam
Michael Clapton, Director at Regional Recruitment says “The whole set-up was excellent, the course, food, prizes and the fact that it wasn’t too serious.” goes to show much much our golfers enjoyed themselves whilst raising an amazing £7,085.00 for medial research and clinical trials into finding a cure for Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy.
The day was a sell out and we are delighted to have already booked next year’s event which will be held on Friday, 15th September 2017.
A huge thank you to all our sponsors and contributors…
- WK Construction – Headline Sponsor
- AC Electrical – Breakfast Sponsor
- Farrow Walsh Consulting – Buggy Refreshments Sponsor
- Sturgess Hutchinson – Champagne Reception Sponsor
- Regional Recruitment Services – Longest Drive Challenge and Hole Sponsor
- Champagne for all Occasions – Nearest the Pin Challenge
- Lock, Stock & Barrel – Prize Table Sponsor
- Brooksure Commercial Insurance – 1st Tee Sponsor and providing complimentary golf balls to our golfers
- Salusbury, Harding & Barlow Solicitors – Hole Sponsor
- SM Athletic – Hole Sponsor
- RDZ-PR – Hole Sponsor
- SJS The Professional Carpet Cleaner – Hole Sponsor
- TS Gas & Electric – Hole Sponsor
- Gregory Law Financial Planning – Hole Sponsor
- Jay Webb Consultancy – Hole Sponsor
- Swipe and Tap – Hole Sponsor
- Network Midlands – Hole Sponsor
We would also like to thank Shadow Media for offering their professional photography services on the day completely free of charge and to all those businesses and individuals who kindly donated raffle prizes.