Business Club November Meet
Event Date: 09/11/2021
Join us for our face to face Ethical Business Club meeting
Tuesday, 9th November 8.30am-10am
Winstanley House, Hinckley Rd, Leicester LE3 1HX
We are looking forward to welcoming our members and their guests for our first face to face meeting in some time. Take time to meet like minded business owners, build strong connections, enjoy a breakfast and listen to our fabulous speaker and an update from Emma Hallam, Founder of Alex’s Wish.
We are excited to bring you Mark Evans, Founder of Conversations With Impact and Author of ‘How to Transform Your Life with IMPACT: Unlock the Best of You’
Mark really packs a punch…
More than ever, we are thinking about and prioritizing our mental health and well being, whether for ourselves, our families or our employees. In his talk, Mark Evans will offer you a unique approach and perspective on this critical subject by taking you through his own IMPACT Model: six stages of impact based on six powerful concepts:
- IMPACT: All of us have experienced feelings of hope and relief when we talk to someone who knows exactly what to say to us. And all of us have felt frustration and disappointment when a conversation fails to give us what we need. A Conversation with IMPACT shows us what our existing conversations are missing to make the difference we are after.
- MEANING: Making progress depends on us making sense of why things are as they are. Without a clear understanding, we remain a mystery to ourselves, making progress difficult or even impossible. Demystifying – making sense of why things are as they are – makes change happen.
- PATTERNS: Unless and until we can step back from and understand our problematic patterns, we will struggle to move forwards in life. What are we are doing a lot of that isn’t working, and what we are not doing enough of that is? Answering these two questions sets us on our way.
- ACCEPTANCE: Achieving personal growth can stretch, challenge, and reward us. However, if our goals and expectations are unrealistic, we can become demoralised and exhausted. When this happens, our Fantasy-Reality Gap has become too large. Acceptance is how we close our Fantasy-Reality Gaps.
- CHALLENGE: If we had the answer, we would already be the person we want to be, living the life we want to lead. The challenge is to find out what stands in our way and the strategies to get around it. The Goldilocks Principle of Challenge: not too little, not too much, but just right.
- TRANSFORMATION: We all want to reach our final destination when our difficulties and challenges have been dealt with and overcome. And yet, if it were that easy, we would all be there by now. An effective approach to transformation will take us to our final destination along an enjoyable and rewarding journey.
Mark’s talk will be light-touch, interactive, and informative in a whistle-stop tour of this important topic.
We look forward to seeing you soon, please book your place by emailing Heidi@alexswish.co.uk