We are dedicated to raising money to put into the hands of the world’s best scientists who have the best chance at bring a cure to market for this generation of children living with Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy.
- 1 in every 3,500 boys are born with Duchenne
- It is one of the most lethal childhood disease around
- There is NO CURE or effective treatments other than steriods which cause lots of problems
- Science is making huge leaps and bounds and there has never been a better time for Duchenne boys
- They now know so much about the condition, what it is and how it could potentially be treated/cured
- But, they receive little funding from government sources
- It’s up to charities like Alex’s Wish to raise money to keep the science moving
- £35 funds an hour of research that could lead to an effective treatment or a cure for Duchenne
Every single penny raised is going to help us get closer to our aim – to cure Duchenne for all!