Event Date: 29/07/2018
Ride in this year’s Prudential Ride London
Inspired by the 2012 Olympic route, this 100 mile ride is challenge not to miss!
Please do get in touch with us if you are interested in taking part and joining our team of Wish Warriors.
What you’ll get from us:
- A free place at our Charnwood Forest Cycle Ride
- Opportunity to ride with fellow cyclists before the event
- Lots of advice and suggestions about how to fundraise effectively for this event
- A fundraising and event pack
- Training advice and plans
- A meet and greet with fellow riders at the end of the ride – Alex’s Wish will be there to greet you with refreshments
Check out our video
How to register:
Contact Emma Hallam – email@example.com or call 07903 349475
About the Ride:
This ride starts in Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, then follows a 100-mile route on closed roads through the capital and into Surrey’s stunning countryside. With leg-testing climbs and a route made famous by the world’s best cyclists at the London 2012 Olympics, it’s a truly spectacular event for all involved. Prudential Ride London finishes on The Mall in central London shortly before 150 professional cyclists race in the inaugural Prudential Ride London-Surrey Classic on a similar route.
More than 70,000 cyclists took part last year raising £7 million for charities. The 2018 event promises to be even bigger and better!
The route is perfect for both club and recreational cyclists. Slower cyclists can enjoy a challenging ride whilst faster riders will relish the opportunity to pit themselves against the country’s top amateurs. As well as a personal challenge of completing the route – this is a truly spectacular cycling event available to anyone!
Emma Hallam – Founder of Alex’s Wish and Alex’s mum took part in the ride and this is what she said…
“I started training in the Spring time as I didn’t fancy getting out on my bike over the Winter months. I was concerned I hadn’t left myself enough time, but within 3 months I was able to ride 100 miles! I really hadn’t cycled a great deal before then just the odd ride with my family.
It was one of the most thrilling experiences of my life! At the start point I had a jittery feeling in my tummy, the music started and off we went. Cycling on closed roads in London is thrilling there really is nothing quite like it. The views are amazing. And what made it extra special was that so many people lined the streets and held parties outside their houses to cheer us on, the atmosphere is nothing I’ve experienced before.
When I crossed the finish line I was so emotional, I’d done this to raise money for Alex and boys with Duchenne to give them a better life. Cycling 100 miles is certainly something Alex and boys like him will never be able to experience. It was a bitter sweet moment, one of joy and pride and the other for Alex knowing what he has to go through every single day. I would recommend this ride to anyone. It’s within everyone’s reach. A fabulous opportunity to do something truly amazing, the memories will stay with you forever!”
How much money do I have to raise?
- Alex's Wish has 55 guaranteed places for the 2018 event - offered on a first come first serve basis!
- Registration fee: £50.00 (non-refundable)
- Minimum sponsorship: £500.00
- Free entry into our Charnwood Cycle Ride
Register for this eventTo register for this event contact Emma Hallam at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07903 349475.
What you'll get when you've registered
- Your event pack so you'll be able to get started straight away
- Support to help you raise the required sponsorship money
- Lots of ideas and top tips top help get the money rolling in
- Introduction to other riders taking part in 'Team Alex'
- The Prudential Ride London team will also be in touch too soon after registration offering you training advice and putting you in touch with hundreds of other cyclists!