Duchenne UK TriathlonMarch 4, 2017 1:27 pm
16th September 2018
Duchenne UK, is a charity partner of Alex’s Wish, is proud to be the nominated charity at the Season Finale Triathlon. The triathlon is held at Eton Dorney lake in Berkshire, an iconic venue from the 2012 Olympics. Join their team to use your muscles to help those whose muscles are weakening.
We are looking for teams or individuals to take part.
If you would like to enter as a group please contact Duchenne UK.
Our triathlon is held at Eton Dorney lake in Berkshire, an iconic venue from the 2012 Olympics, ideal for both first timers, and more experienced athletes. Start with a swim in the clear clean waters of the lake, before cycling the car free flat road circuit and then a final run along tarmac woodland paths.
You can choose to do a FULL triathlon, at Olympic or Sprint distance. Or you can form teams, and participate in one or more stage, in RELAY form.
Choose your Triathlon
For children we are offering the following events:
Scootathlon (age 4-8): 390m Scoot, 390m Bike, 250m Run
Kids Triathlon (Children 11+): 200m Swim, 5.3km Bike, 1.8km Run
- Iconic Olympic venue
- Clean, calm lake waters
- Fast, flat closed road bike and run course
- A chance to test your fitness at the end of the season
- Suitable for all abilities
- Renowned for its electric and supportive atmosphere
- A pre-event Scootathlon for age 4 – 8 years
- Mates Waves provides the opportunity to race with your friends regardless of age or gender
- Free Parking
- Electronic chip timing
- Finisher’s medal
- Results texted to your mobile phone as you cross the line